• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

CMonster Condo HT

Here's a side look at the screen:
212D84D5-D5F2-445D-9431-D308CA39E633_zpsqurchdwl.jpg

And behind:
C042C797-A9C7-42FD-8C59-41DEA25DCCAB_zps11oisjlk.jpg

Massive glare on the C2 from this angle but it's barely noticeable from the couch; you have to look for it.
F7B2B59E-4D5A-434C-AC66-8FB12F918AE9_zpsflfhsftb.jpg

4CE16F2A-D3DC-4DBE-A029-A0DF0083A1C7_zpszghq8d2a.jpg

0D65F8A1-2D82-44A6-8340-67057A151196_zpsvtjicybs.jpg

One of the Contour SRs on the ceiling. The speaker wire was a light gray so I wrapped it with a black cloth tape and now you can barely see it against the black ceiling.
639A129A-7802-469C-965A-E0FABEB29650_zpsxxur9hu4.jpg

Very impressive. I want to spend some time in that room.

Thanks! I think I need some additional acoustic panels over some of the brick and maybe some other places but man, the sound was seamless last night watching The Hateful Eight. As the blizzard swept around the room the transition from speaker to speaker was unnoticeable.

One potential issue with the screen, but I don't see it from your pics...

Light can pass through the screen, reflect off whatever's behind, and re-appear on the screen. I first noticed this effect with mine on the final title crawls from Battlestar Galactica: bright white letters on black background. The titles were crawling up the back wall and because of the distance from the screen to the wall and the viewing angle, it was clearly visible coming back through the screen. It was happening with all program material but it took those crawling titles to make me notice.

The temporary solution was to hang $5 worth of flat black fabric on the front wall. It worked so well it became the permanent solution.

The Koss speakers behind the screen have flat chocolate brown covers - which seem to absorb the light as well as the fabric on the wall behind them.

In your case Chuck from what I can tell there does not seem to be much behind the screen that will reflect light back.

Jeff

Light can pass through the screen, reflect off whatever's behind, and re-appear on the screen.

Yep, I noticed it last night! The two columns of brick between the windows reflect light back onto the screen. I was planning on covering them with acoustic panels which will help with sound, light reflecting back onto the screen, and also cover the sliver of light that sneaks through the sides of the custom window panels.

We spent our Sunday making DIY DVD stands using threaded rods and MDF. Here's some of the shelves being painted:
03A35791-7D53-43E7-83A9-591C0203AF6B_zpsytiffbcw.jpg

Assembled and edges getting paint by our in-house pro:
0E95D873-EC49-468E-9C13-F40770CB6CAC_zpshd3tuqcz.jpg

It's a bit of a bitch getting everything level but not looking too shabby:
AC89ED53-597F-4FBE-B555-4BFD6BB520BC_zpsyeknhsit.jpg

Put to good use in the theater:
66F85E5E-A1CA-4A7D-B20C-48E296C9567F_zpsoscsmjif.jpg

The paint color is the same as what's on the walls and it's in the same family as the grey on the cabinet doors, just a few shades darker (side note, I really need to change out the white electrical outlets in the room):
DE26BBD1-E762-463C-A45A-90F1ADFFF4FD_zpsdsv0rqaj.jpg

:thumbsup:

I'm not a fan of the threaded rod and wood shelf audio racks but if they looked like what you've made, I would be.

Back