• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Fallout 4 - War Never Changes/ Fallout shelter

Huey said:
I've been putting everybody in sanctuary as well, might be time for some more beds. lol I agree that the openness of Fallout is what makes it great, but it also can be a little off putting at times as well. I look at my quest list, and I feel like I almost have a chore list to do.

I haven't been building or taking care of my settlements as well, but I'm not looking to play Minecraft as well. That's the one part of the game I wish they had left out, although it doesn't seem to affect gameplay.

just a tip, when you are instructed to help out with Prestons side quest, go ahead and visit the settlement, talk to them, and then finish them off. Afterwords, see the settlement again, then when it gets to 'talk to preston' that's when you can stop.

The only benefit of seeing him is to get more xp. but at this point im glad to NOT need to attend to the settlements anymore. The only bother is when they get attacked, which is minimal in my case.

Im at level 52, a bit stagnant, but enjoying it still.

I am about to side with Bos, but then switch to railroad once I get what I want.

jomari said:
Huey said:
I've been putting everybody in sanctuary as well, might be time for some more beds. lol I agree that the openness of Fallout is what makes it great, but it also can be a little off putting at times as well. I look at my quest list, and I feel like I almost have a chore list to do.

I haven't been building or taking care of my settlements as well, but I'm not looking to play Minecraft as well. That's the one part of the game I wish they had left out, although it doesn't seem to affect gameplay.

just a tip, when you are instructed to help out with Prestons side quest, go ahead and visit the settlement, talk to them, and then finish them off. Afterwords, see the settlement again, then when it gets to 'talk to preston' that's when you can stop.

The only benefit of seeing him is to get more xp. but at this point im glad to NOT need to attend to the settlements anymore. The only bother is when they get attacked, which is minimal in my case.

I am about to side with Bos, but then switch to railroad once I get what I want.

So you kill the people you were asked to help?

Huey said:
jomari said:
Huey said:

So you kill the people you were asked to help?

Sorry, I wasn't clear on this. at work. :happy-smileygiantred:

anyways, so lets say sanctuary hills need help with ghouls per preston ...

1. talk to settler, agree you will help
2. go to destination where ghouls are
3. kill or finish em off
4. follow quest instruction to go back to inform settler (in this case sanctuary)
5. tell them you finished it, and they give you caps.

this is where you STOP.

it will tell you to talk to Preston to 'complete' the quest, but you just have it 'hanging' until you want to.

essentially, when you go to preston, he will continue giving you more and more sidequest. Great if you need the xp, not great if your 'checklist' is growing exponentially.

Hi guys,

Just checking in on this thread now that I've been playing some more. Am now at level ~33, still haven't made a lot of progress in the main plot line, just went into the glowing sea or whatever they called that radioactive area. I'm working on building up my settlements, but haven't quite figured out what the point of that is yet... I assume this is something that will be important later. Finally gave in and used up a number of perks to get that "local leader" skill to make that a whole lot easier.

I've been mainly traveling with Cait, she's kinda funny. Maybe I'll try Curie next.

I'm playing a female character, mainly specializing in rifles, perception, agility, intelligence.

I see what you mean Jomari, and I believe I even complained earlier in this thread about Preston giving the same quests over and over.

Anybody get laid by the lady in Goodneighbor? You'll run into her if you are doing quests for Calbot house, and she's the singer in the bar. Just make sure your charisma is high, and you can flirt with her, and she invites you back to her room. It doesn't give you anything or even show anything, but as far as I know, this is the only chance for a little boogie in the game.

I also did not know, but for those weapons that explode the bullets, like Spray and Pray, the demolition perk increases the affect of those little explosions as well.

Also, here is a :text-link: to show where to pick up some legendary weapons. I just got the deliverer this past weekend, and while not a flashy or a big gun, the ap used with this gun is very small, so you can get a ton of shots off in vats.

PaulyT said:
Hi guys,

... I'm working on building up my settlements, but haven't quite figured out what the point of that is yet... I assume this is something that will be important later. Finally gave in and used up a number of perks to get that "local leader" skill to make that a whole lot easier.

I've been mainly traveling with Cait, she's kinda funny. Maybe I'll try Curie next.

I'm playing a female character, mainly specializing in rifles, perception, agility, intelligence.

the settlements are needed for one quest to move further, and I think you already did that part. Other than that, you don't 'need' to continue doing them or addressing them unless they are under attack. its up to you if you want to help the settlement or not. this shouldn't affect your relations with the minutemen I think.

Try using piper too, shes fun to travel with, and the side comments are awesome.

Spoiler for Curie!!!

if you want to gain more 'brownie points' run around butt naked and she 'likes' it.

AndySTL said:
jomari said:
AndySTL said:
I hit level 48 and I've more or less burned out. I haven't played in a week.

time to play metal gear solid? :happy-smileygiantred:

Is that fun? What format is it?

its on ps4, but its essentially like fallout but more stealth based. you do need a little background unfortunately regarding its storyline. but its a great game.

Huey said:
I see what you mean Jomari, and I believe I even complained earlier in this thread about Preston giving the same quests over and over.

Anybody get laid by the lady in Goodneighbor? You'll run into her if you are doing quests for Calbot house, and she's the singer in the bar. Just make sure your charisma is high, and you can flirt with her, and she invites you back to her room. It doesn't give you anything or even show anything, but as far as I know, this is the only chance for a little boogie in the game.

nope, not there yet. is that memory lane? did you finish the calbot house mission already? what did you do?

I also did not know, but for those weapons that explode the bullets, like Spray and Pray, the demolition perk increases the affect of those little explosions as well.

I did not know that, thank you sir.

for those not in the know, there is no level cap. :happy-smileygiantred: so don't worry about perks and overusing them. just be mindful finding the ones that will help you in the beginning up to the end.

I invested a lot in luck too, great perks there.

I think once you find the Calbot house, they keep giving you missions, probably with a decent payoff in the end. The mission where you can have relations with the singer, happens when you go searching for Calbots sister. Just make sure your charisma is high, because the "flirts" keep needing more and more charisma to be successful. I was at 9 with clothes and special.

Huey said:
I think once you find the Calbot house, they keep giving you missions, probably with a decent payoff in the end. The mission where you can have relations with the singer, happens when you go searching for Calbots sister. Just make sure your charisma is high, because the "flirts" keep needing more and more charisma to be successful. I was at 9 with clothes and special.

Yeah the Cabot house/family has a fun quest at the end. Keep up with it.

AndySTL said:
Huey said:

Yeah the Cabot house/family has a fun quest at the end. Keep up with it.

cabot house or calbot? are they two different ones?

I think the one I know is the cabot house, with the guy stuck inside no?

It could be Cabot, I'll have to check later. It's the house that looks pristine on the inside, and the house had been in the family for 100's of years.

Huey said:
It could be Cabot, I'll have to check later. It's the house that looks pristine on the inside, and the house had been in the family for 100's of years.

okay, haven't been there yet. :eek:bscene-buttred:

finally joined the BOS, but now reconsidering since I already have some decent hardware, I don't need their materials.

power armor? pfft. ive got around 8 of em.

I carry 300 butt naked. :happy-smileygiantred:

Yes, it was Cabot. Doh! I don't want to give away any spoilers, but if there was an advantage one way over the other in ending that, could someone pm me? For those that haven't done it, the very last part you are supposed to meet Cabot at a place you will already have been too. I would recommend that you fast travel to where you need to go, instead of following him. He wants to take on every creature he encounters, and after dying for the third time because he wanted to take on the forge, I just fast traveled, and he eventually met me there.

Talking with Cait, using charisma clothes, I was able to profess my love to her, so now every time I sleep with her as my companion, I get some lovers perk for a short time for increased Xp.

So which faction are you guys helping out more? I finally made it into the Institute, so I've been doing a bunch of their quests, and while that hasn't put me at odds with the Railroad yet, there are some quests that I had active for the Railroad, that I can't do now for fear of losing my privileges within the Institute.

FYI, for those that are doing the quest to get into the Institute, when Virgil asks you to find his serum, it's in a locked section of the Institute. You'll know you are in the right place, because it will shuttered part of the Institute that is in disrepair.

I've done a few things for the Railroad, and am currently travelling with Deacon. Just jumped to the Institute, still looking around in there...

I'm at level ~41 now, and am about ready for this game to end. I'm enjoying it, yes, but it just doesn't grab me and suck me in the way some other games do.

Anyone know what the point of developing all these settlements is? Maybe that comes later in the game... conflict with that big blimp thing with the Brotherhood... or ... ?

I'm feeling kind of the same way Pauly. At times it seems a little mundane and the quests seem kind of repetitive. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but not much has changed from the other ones. The building thing is probably more to take advantage of the popularity of Minecraft, or as a new added feature of the game.

Is anybody using Power Armor? I have three sets that I never use, I like the freeness and mobility of just standard armor. Although, completing one of the missions, I was able to pick up a Synth Coarser trench coat, which was way more protecting than anything I had created or found. I did lose some AP and weight carrying ability, but the damage protection was worth it.

Yeah I've been wondering about the usefulness of power armor as well. I've got a set of course, and have collected various upgrades, but I've only used the armor itself once or twice.

Back