• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Fallout 4 - War Never Changes/ Fallout shelter

As I said above, I too am at the point in this game that I have lost a good deal of interest. It was fun for a good while but then began feeling repetitive. I need to recommit to get myself to the very end. I am close.

How is AC Syndicate? I am thinking of giving that a try. That or Metal Gear 5 as Jomari suggested.

Actually, I probably need to go back and complete The Witcher 3 as our baby girl interrupted my playing of that. I think I was around level 24 on that.

Witcher 3 is pretty much the best game ever as far as I'm concerned. Finish it, you'll like the story.

AC Syndicate was good, if you're a fan of the AC franchise (which I am). It's kinda... more of of the same, though, nothing really stood out for me as particularly involving. The zip lines were cool, though!

pauly, you might end up jumping up and down when you read this...

AC 2 is rumored to be going to ps4. this might also mean the ezio set...

Ha! Except I don't have a PS4. ;) I could probably get some of these older ones on PC, in fact I think I might even have Brotherhood (the second Ezio game) and all that follow.

PaulyT said:
Ha! Except I don't have a PS4. ;) I could probably get some of these older ones on PC, in fact I think I might even have Brotherhood (the second Ezio game) and all that follow.

for some reason pauly I thought you did. or is it the ps3?

I also thought you played through the ezio trilogy?

IMO, the best storyline its created, given the sequence and well, number of them out there.

yeah power armor.. Im not sure about it.. I have to fix it all the damn time (I'm wearing the T-60)and it's starting to eat up my resources.

I think I'm going to take it off.

jomari said:
PaulyT said:

for some reason pauly I thought you did. or is it the ps3?

I also thought you played through the ezio trilogy?

IMO, the best storyline its created, given the sequence and well, number of them out there.

Yeah I have a PS3, but I think the only AC game I played on it was the very first one, maybe the second, not sure. The rest I've played on PC, and I've played all the AC games, every single one. And yeah I liked the Ezio series very much.

Razz said:
yeah power armor.. Im not sure about it.. I have to fix it all the damn time (I'm wearing the T-60)and it's starting to eat up my resources.

I'm with you Razz. I found the Power Armor to be too cumbersome.

Razz said:

never was a fan of it, either on FO3 or NV. not my kinda build.

I even tried to supe one up, and nope, didn't feel as 'good'.

FWIW, the Headlamp upgrade - Pipboy?

I thought it would be neon green or something. apparently its the pip boy character giving you a thumbs up.

yeah, like that's useful.

I am loving the railroad right now, but hate the HQ arrangement, too cluttered. there is also no weapons bench on there either.

jomari said:
Razz said:

never was a fan of it, either on FO3 or NV. not my kinda build.

I even tried to supe one up, and nope, didn't feel as 'good'.

FWIW, the Headlamp upgrade - Pipboy?

I thought it would be neon green or something. apparently its the pip boy character giving you a thumbs up.

yeah, like that's useful.

I am loving the railroad right now, but hate the HQ arrangement, too cluttered. there is also no weapons bench on there either.

Never heard of the headlamp upgrade, what exactly is it?

Currently, I have three sets of armor, and I somewhere along the way I picked up a set of X-01 armor, which is supposed to be the best in the game. Funny thing is, I just looked up where to find it, and I haven't been to that building, and I don't remember where I got it. I would like to modify one with some of the fun stuff they talk about like automatic stimpaks and jet pack.

Huey said:
Never heard of the headlamp upgrade, what exactly is it?

Currently, I have three sets of armor, and I somewhere along the way I picked up a set of X-01 armor, which is supposed to be the best in the game. Funny thing is, I just looked up where to find it, and I haven't been to that building, and I don't remember where I got it. I would like to modify one with some of the fun stuff they talk about like automatic stimpaks and jet pack.

its just the head piece for the power armor. you can change the headlamp as a misc option. either a red, green, bright headlamp. the jetpack id LOVE to try, but ive been screwing around too much. I like how it helps with defense, but man, its just too damn sloooooooow....

there are three spots you can go to to get the armor, quite easily too.

if anyone wants to get armor, head up north east, to the furthest settlement point close to the church, wait for nighttime and you would see a respawning point in a house where mutants take over, and a vertiberd drops off a couple of BOS'ers. you can wait it out and loot the dead.

this gave me about 6 sets. :happy-smileygiantred:

WARNING SOME SPOILERS AHEAD

Has anyone else "finished" this game? I think I have. That is, I destroyed the Institute. There was a ~1 minute "epilogue" scene. But the institute... they're all assholes. Shaun ("my" son) was an asshole. This is very disappointing. I ended up siding with the Railroad because at least they seemed decent. Admittedly, blowing up the Brotherhood's big blimp thingy was kinda entertaining. But that was just one mission.

Anyway I'm deeply disappointed with how this all turned out. The whole building up of settlements was UTTERLY POINTLESS as far as I can tell. Why bother even including that? I spent a lot of time on it, thinking eventually it'd be useful for something. But no...

So this whole game was deeply lacking in serious plot. My character ended up at level 51. The plot could have been summed up in ~10 missions. I think the whole perk system was kinda ... meh. Some of it was useful, maybe, but I had a bunch of unspent perks at the end because I just couldn't figure out where to use them. Why bother? My character was so powerful that nothing posed much of a challenge towards the end, even a deathclaw matriarch took just a couple of shots to take down. Ok maybe I could have increased the difficulty but still... the game just didn't seem balanced.

Sorry for the rant. I had fun with it, yeah, but in the end I'm not impressed. Go play Witcher 3 - SO MUCH BETTER. Dragon Age Inquisition was pretty good too, in comparison. I liked the big open world in Fallout 4, but the quests were for the most part kinda silly and trivial... go here... shoot a bunch of bad guys... report back. Ugh.

Yeah Pauly, that same feeling you have, is beginning to be the general consensus. The game was ok, but there just seems something off about it, mundane even. I know there is some downloadable content in the future, so maybe that will help redeem the game. Myself, I'm going to keep playing, at least for now.

thanks for the heads up pauly regarding the spoiler, I almost read through it and just stopped.

in a way I think it was an improvement over Fallout 3 and NV, but also a bit of a step back.

FONV wasn't my favorite, and I don't know if i'll even finish it.

FO3 tho, was more personal, it gave me sense, gave me reason to continue playing the game. I was emotionally attached to the character and his quest.

This one felt, well, detached. It felt like a full plate with another plate of side quest.

My character is standing at level 65 and pretty much taking down things like they were nothing. perks left on the side knowing it doesn't have a level cap brings me not to care about allotment or well, care at all about it. once I got what I wanted I pretty much went off to do something else.

I like the settlements, but it got boring after a point. I liked the upgrade equipment, that was fun too, but got tired of it as well. it didn't make me care as much, which is sad.

im going to start working on the main quest and get on with what I used to do. this never was the case with FO3, which ive sunk a good chuck of my years into (about 800 hours last I checked).

I might do that again on my 360 just for kicks.

From another pond...

http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php?p=11873410&postcount=3961

24425631334_5c792dc388_b.jpg

Automatron

Price: $9.99
Release: March 2016
The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain.
Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

25056270695_ac975243f2_b.jpg

Wasteland Workshop

Price: $4.99
Release: April 2016
With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures — from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers.
The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixie tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy, and more!

25056271145_04a7f69e2a_b.jpg

Far Harbor

Price: $24.99
Release: May 2016

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost?
Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures, and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.
And more importantly: this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016.

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 on March 1st, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes — you still get everything at no additional cost — the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: Anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1stt will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.
Want a chance to play these add-ons early? We’ll be running closed betas for each of the add-ons on PS4. And you can sign up right now on Bethesda.net. In order to apply, you’ll need to create a registered Bethesda.net account. We’ll be selecting applicants in the upcoming weeks. Players accepted into the beta will receive a code to redeem the content. The beta is the full version and those participating will not have to purchase the add-on.
Beyond add-ons, we’ll continue to offer free updates to the game, including new features like the increased draw distances for PS4 players, as well as more optimizations to gameplay and quests. And something that we’re really excited about, a complete overhaul of Survival Mode that changes how you play the whole game. Food, sleep, diseases, danger, and more. We’re also hard at work on the Creation Kit, the PC creation tools that will ultimately lead to playing user-created mods on PS4. We’re currently testing both Survival Mode and the Creation Kit now, and more details will be forthcoming.
Thanks again for your continued support of Fallout 4. We can’t wait for you to play more!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/02/16/fallout-4-add-ons-revealed-automatron-arrives-next-month/

I'm done! Not because I beat the game, but because after not playing for a month, long story, I decided to play for awhile yesterday. Played for about an hour, then had lunch with the wife. Went to turn it on again, and I get a cannot load player info or something like that. Did a hard reboot twice, and on the second one, said it needed to do an update. Started it and went off and did something else. Came back and it was at the main screen, hit Fallout and get to continue/new/load screen.

At this point, I've probably been screwing around about 1/2 hour trying to resume gameplay. I select continue, but wait a minute, that doesn't look like where I was at when I quit the game. Sure enough, I was at level 22, even though I had leveled up to 39 just an hour before that. Went to the load games screen, and there were no saves past level 22. I'm guessing the update overwrote on my saved games, even though I had 70% free space when the download started. I'm still pissed and I'm not sure my Xbox works anymore.

Damn, that sucks. I would be SO pissed... gotta be frustrating.

If anyone likes Fallout, I would also suggest looking into Dying Light. It's a little bit similar in overall style, though you have zombies instead of green mutants and synths. But it's faster paced, more "parkour" (climbing around buildings and such), and it's just terribly amusing to go around smashing zombies with a spiked baseball bat or cutting them in half with a scythe. There's a recent update (the "Following" expansion) that opens up a whole new area, along with a vehicle to drive. (Actually makes it seem a lot like the Far Cry series in some ways.)

Huey said:
I'm done! Not because I beat the game, but because after not playing for a month, long story, I decided to play for awhile yesterday. Played for about an hour, then had lunch with the wife. Went to turn it on again, and I get a cannot load player info or something like that. Did a hard reboot twice, and on the second one, said it needed to do an update. Started it and went off and did something else. Came back and it was at the main screen, hit Fallout and get to continue/new/load screen.

At this point, I've probably been screwing around about 1/2 hour trying to resume gameplay. I select continue, but wait a minute, that doesn't look like where I was at when I quit the game. Sure enough, I was at level 22, even though I had leveled up to 39 just an hour before that. Went to the load games screen, and there were no saves past level 22. I'm guessing the update overwrote on my saved games, even though I had 70% free space when the download started. I'm still pissed and I'm not sure my Xbox works anymore.

darn it, that sucks huey. i dont know how the save points work on the xbox, but big big bummer. :(

did you do manual saves, quick saves or auto saves? nonetheless, still sucks.

are you going to try it out further, or just call it quits?

for what its worth, i came to realize recently that this isnt as great as id thought it would be. sure i love my VATS, sure its fall out, but it aint mountain moving as my experience in FO3. i just didnt feel as connected as i was in the previous story. i was looking for my father for petes sake! this one, i was looking for my son, and yet felt he was so detached in doing so.

anyways, its been a bitch trying to decide where to go in my situation. so tired of stuff, i finished the cabot house. i might hit up the us constitution, then go all railroad.

other than that, i have the division to play.

jomari said:
other than that, i have the division to play.

Is the Division multiplayer only? This game looks kinda cool but it may be one of those games that just kinda goes over my head. I am not totally into the multiplayer shooters.

jomari said:
i might hit up the us constitution

Is that the one with the old ship stuck on the top of a building? Yeah do that one for sure, it was one of the most amusing side quests in the game, IMHO.

Back