• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Favorite Albums You Think No One Else Knows About

Re: Favorite Albums No One Else Knows About

515DTliLImL.jpg

10c9820dd7a0e4d0883bc010.L.jpg

Rope

Rope said:
My band often opened our third set with Never Been Any Reason; great fun for a keyboard player! :music-rockout:

These are two of the best metal albums of recent years to get no recognition.

V.O.D. or Vision of Disorder
visionofdisorder_same.jpg

Coal Chamber
149_200x200.jpg

This is my favorite old school rock album ever,im always suprised that most classic rock fans have heard the band but not this album . Ive only heard 1 song from this album on fm in the last 40 years. The live recording from 40 years ago leaves a lot to be desired, But it captures the time perfectly.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 257

TKoP said:
The Bogmen -- found this CD in the bargain basement section of my local used record store. I can't think of a better $1.99 I ever spent. I like or love every song.
ShowImage.aspx

The Swamp Zombies --- Again, searching through the super cheapies at my used record store I found this one. I bought it purely on the name of the band. I ended up buying every CD I could find (a little difficult since they're out of print). I think I played this one while at Flints and he asked who they were. By far the best beatnik/folk/punk hybrid ever!
IMG_0528.jpg

The Queers -- I don't know anyone else that has ever mentioned them, and I've never heard them on the radio (with good reason based on their lyrics), but they could be my favorite "fun" punk band. Fast guitars, totally sophomoric lyrics, slightly sexist and totally fun. And again, I bought their first album based purely on the name of the band and album.
61E4DVK5QFL._SS500_.jpg

The Queers play a local dive here in DE often....at least they were a years ago.

I was hesitant to post this, but if Rope can use Head East Flat as a Pancake, than I can definitely count this one.

3572132101_49b6365462_z.jpg

Even Tony Iommi said it was his least favorite Ozzy era Black Sabbath album, but that was because of all of the turmoil the band was going thru.

Almost no one gives this album any cred, but I love it. The title track, Johny Blade, and Junior's Eyes are all good.

Botch said:
Rope said:
My band often opened our third set with Never Been Any Reason; great fun for a keyboard player! :music-rockout:

Head East - Flat as a Pancake was one of our favorite albums in college!

^^^That is an AMAZING album^^^

Picked this up today as a blind buy from the Salvation Army. I really like it, almost has a Clapton like feel to it.

Attachments

• solberg.jpg
    solberg.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 216

Well I could probably name any classical album and nobody else here would know about it... :eek:bscene-buttred:

But my (first) contribution to this thread is:

This is Russian all-male choral work from the 19th and 20th centuries; the text is Russian orthodox liturgy. If you've never heard a real Russian choir, you gotta try this one - it's only $0.36 used on amazon, and I recommend it highly (click on the picture to go to amazon). It's amazing to hear how low the human voice can actually go - Barry White's got nothing on these guys. And it's very good music besides being good test material for the mid bass range of your speakers. :laughing: This is a great album to just sit and immerse yourself in when you're feeling a little slow, contemplative.

I see your all-male choral work and raise you a choir of priests-in-training singing Polish Christmas songs:

Fun fact: the guy in the front row, bottom right is my dad! As my dad was battling cancer last summer my brother was able to track down this article about the album: http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/rftmusic/2008/12/second_spin_christmas_in_polan.php. Amazing that it was in St. Louis which is where my dad lived and it led to this e-mail from my brother to the guy who wrote the article:

Crazy story for you… My dad was in that choir and sang on the album. He’s the guy in the front row, bottom right corner. Crazy, right? This bit of information came to me the past weekend as I, along with my 2 brothers, were in St. Louis visiting. Obviously, my dad never made it into the priesthood. Lucky for me and my brothers, he met our mom at a church party a few years later.

My dad recently found out about some health issues of concern. It’s a weird sensation, coming to terms with a future unknown; a certain calm for nostalgia comes over you as an accompaniment to sorrow. As we’re telling stories, going through memories, my dad pulls out a photo from his days in seminary. It was the same photo used for the front cover of the album. Our father went on to say that they made an album one year…Christmas in Poland…I think it was 1956 or 57…Capitol Records.

Jokingly, I said, “With everything on the internet these days, maybe I can find you a copy.” His looked at me with a smile and told me that he would really like that if I could.

I know it’s a corny record to you and me, but it would really mean a lot to my dad. Is there any chance you could tell me where I might be able to find a copy?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

The author responded that he still had the album in his office almost three years after that article was published - and he was willing to give it to my brother. Needless to say it was playing on my dad's record player less than a week later.

Attachments

• album.jpg
    album.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 183

:eusa-clap: Great story, thanks C!

For some strange reason I'm in love with this album. Can't get enough of it.

Mumford and sons, Sign no More

images

smgreen20 said:

*Sigh*

smgreen20 said:

images

Me too. ;) :text-link:

No offense, man, but this is about albums no one knows about... Mumford and Sons is HUGE and written about in every magazine, played on every radio station, and used in every TV show. Hard to call that unique and underground.

smgreen20 said:

images

Thanks not familiar with that one.

Flint said:
No offense, man, but this is about albums no one knows about... Mumford and Sons is HUGE and written about in every magazine, played on every radio station, and used in every TV show. Hard to call that unique and underground.

I posted the same but it never posted. I like the style of music but unfortunately they are like an Irish/Folk Linkin Park......redundancy at it's worst.

MZ, you don't listen to much radio do you? These boys are on at least once an hour.

Back