• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Favorite Albums You Think No One Else Knows About

Had never heard anything from Mumford & Sons before CMonsterspost. I have however heard all the noise re: them. And, now once again I am convinced that most popular music sucks. I am glad I had not heard it and will not put a ton of effort into looking for anything else by them.

Glad we had this little chat. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Randy said:
Had never heard anything from Mumford & Sons before CMonsterspost. I have however heard all the noise re: them. And, now once again I am convinced that most popular music sucks. I am glad I had not heard it and will not put a ton of effort into looking for anything else by them.

What was it that turned you off? The great lyrics? Superior musicianship? Infectious beat? I understand if you don't like that style of music but to call it noise is a bit of a stretch. This is a case of a band's popularity being earned, justifiably. They're writing their own songs, playing their instruments, not running their voices through auto-tune - in other words they're decidedly not like most Top 40 pop crap. The singer's voice does get old after a while, I'll concede that. That seems to be the case with a lot of my favorite bands - Kings of Leon, Vampire Weekend...

CMonster said:
Randy said:

What was it that turned you off? The great lyrics? Superior musicianship? Infectious beat? I understand if you don't like that style of music but to call it noise is a bit of a stretch. This is a case of a band's popularity being earned, justifiably. They're writing their own songs, playing their instruments, not running their voices through auto-tune - in other words they're decidedly not like most Top 40 pop crap. The singer's voice does get old after a while, I'll concede that. That seems to be the case with a lot of my favorite bands - Kings of Leon, Vampire Weekend...

I figured my post would kind of sound Dikhead'ish after I posted it. didn't mean to make it sound like I thought it was "noise" just merely wasn't my cup of tea.

Chuck, i promise to give it another shot thanks to you. Perhaops I let all the hoopla ruin it for me before I gave it a chance. Now, Lady GaGa is "NOISE". :laughing-rolling:

Just kididing guys.

Randy said:
CMonster said:
Randy said:

I figured my post would kind of sound Dikhead'ish after I posted it. didn't mean to make it sound like I thought it was "noise" just merely wasn't my cup of tea.

Chuck, i promise to give it another shot thanks to you. Perhaops I let all the hoopla ruin it for me before I gave it a chance. Now, Lady GaGa is "NOISE". :laughing-rolling:

Just kididing guys.

Uh no, I agree whole heartedly on the Lady CaCa! Strip her of her outrageous costumes and theatrics, and I think she has a great voice. The rest is just a mess!

Re: Favorite Albums No One Else Knows About

Deacon said:
Well it's just a matter of time before Yesfan brings up that Mr Bungle crap!

LMAO!!

I can't believe I missed your post Deacon. Didn't realize you were as big a fan of them as Mag.

31R3VNB8GAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I used to listen to Mason Rufner in the 80s which was some good and diffrent guitar style,i think he lived in austin> flint?

Sorry to start a war, thanks to those that stuck up for me. Geographical must play a part in it. I'm from the home town of Gn'R front man, Axle Rose, so we're not that out of the loop but around here no one has heard of them, same for Flogging Molly but I know they're popular. There are groups I could name that are big here that you've probably never heard of, am I going to spout off at you if you were to named one, no.

Sorry, I'm on my phone and to edit a post is a pita. So I'm part Irish and I happen to love his voice.
Hope that doesn't make me sound gay.

smgreen20 said:
I'm from the home town of Gn'R front man, Axle Rose, ... but around here no one has heard of them (Mumford & Sons)

You now have two reasons to move. :teasing-neener:

Asshole Rose, wait sorry, they rhyme, but AXLE Rose, there that's better, despite his shenanigans and attitude, he was raised by some good people. My mom went to church with Axle's step dad. I say went because they moved to Florida about 2 years ago. I knew of Gn'R before Gn'R knew themselves, sortof. I was introduced to all things Gn'R in '89 by Axle's step dad. Got to see Axel's '89 Ford Bronco (fullsize) and the necklace he was wearing in the Sweet Child O'mine video, for a kid at 13yrs of age, that's pretty cool.

Axle had a rough school life, one of my teachers was his teacher too (health teacher) and he told us how Axle was so small and bullied so much and how he could actually fit IN one of the lockers because of how he looked. He dyed his hair purple a lot according to the teacher. So I can see how he's gotten his attitude. Teacher made the statement one day, guess who's got the last laugh now?

So yea, moving..... On the list, but financially impossible right now. I'd like to move from Lafayette, IN up to Fort Wayne, IN, maybe even Michigan or Kentucky depending on Clarion Corp.

I loved that album....

nats said:
This is my favorite old school rock album ever,im always suprised that most classic rock fans have heard the band but not this album . Ive only heard 1 song from this album on fm in the last 40 years. The live recording from 40 years ago leaves a lot to be desired, But it captures the time perfectly.
Got me again.......I had that LP...
nats....you must have been my neighbor back in the 70's...

51FYNKKCC3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This album just blew me away back in 1969.....I might just have to go back in time & listen again

Barney said:

This album just blew me away back in 1969.....I might just have to go back in time & listen again
And i had the lee michaels LIVE album. just a drummer and him on organs, stormy monday was wild

Barney said:

Man a real blast from the past.

I think my college friends and I wore out at least 2 copies of that album.

A favorite when we were "relaxing".

Here's a couple of others back-in-the day:
61SHGNzgdnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Blind Faith was a kind of experiment of Eric Claptons in 1969. The renowned guitarist was a member of super-group Cream at the time, and had achieved superstar status with them in only two years. But the other members - Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker - were frequently arguing, and there was considerable tension about their future musical direction. Clapton wanted space to be a little adventurous with… Read more in Amazon's Blind Faith Store

Also, I can't seem to find my old Gary Wright album.......oh well.
Also loved these guys:
51sZ2%2BX4R7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Barney said:
Here's a couple of others back-in-the day:
61SHGNzgdnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Blind Faith was a kind of experiment of Eric Claptons in 1969. The renowned guitarist was a member of super-group Cream at the time, and had achieved superstar status with them in only two years. But the other members - Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker - were frequently arguing, and there was considerable tension about their future musical direction. Clapton wanted space to be a little adventurous with… Read more in Amazon's Blind Faith Store

Also, I can't seem to find my old Gary Wright album.......oh well.
Also loved these guys:
51sZ2%2BX4R7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have the Blind Faith album but not with that cover. They banned it pretty quick when it first came out but from what I heard later reissues resorted to the cover you showed.

Gary Wright was ok but I can pass on The Association.

Back