• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Joe Bonamassa

Joe's 34 (b. 1977). His main teacher in the early days was Danny Gatton.... I don't think he's formally studied with anyone else. But these blues guys all study other artists' style and technique, and Joe's influences are a lot of the British blues players including of course Clapton.

I cannot speak for guitar players, but most professional drummers take lessons from each other all the time. Sometimes they just barter with each other and trade lessons for one another, other times they flat out pay a peer for a lesson or two.

Jethro Tull was an agriculturalist from England who went to France to learn about farming techniques and ultimately brought about the British Agricultural Revolution starting at the beginning of the 18th century. Among other things, he brought about the mechanization of farming and invented many tools for the industry.

Flint said:
Jethro Tull was an agriculturalist from England who went to France to learn about farming techniques and ultimately brought about the British Agricultural Revolution starting at the beginning of the 18th century. Among other things, he brought about the mechanization of farming and invented many tools for the industry.
:laughing-rolling: OMG this was priceless! I've enjoyed nothing in this thread as much as that. :text-thankyoublue:

Flint said:

Thanks for clearing that up. I was beginning to think it was Jethro from the Beverly Hillbillies.
beverly_hillbillies_jethro_bodine.jpg

Rope

Rope said:
I should have quantified "masters". How old is Joe? I believe the only living blues master, or what I would consider a master is B.B. King. If Joe was born before 1983, it's possibe he could have studied with Muddy Waters?

Rope
One of my few brushes with Stardom:
My band played at the Saltaire west of Salt Lake City for a huge biker convention, largest stage we've ever done, and we had to rent a huge PA to fill in the place. As we were setting up, we noticed a large "X" on the center of the stage, in masking tape, with the sharpie scrawl "B.B.'s Ass" written across it.
Yeah, he played there the night before! :banana-rock: :banana-rock: :banana-rock:

A new DVD of Joe with BCC is coming out in October (blu-ray in Nov)! :music-rockout:

:text-link:

bccdvdeuro-1.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP32V9hwaY4[/youtube]

Sooo ordered! :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Derek Sherinian has the coolest keyboard setup:

derek02.jpg

He does this for two reasons: one, your hand/wrist are in a much more natural, relaxed position (if you've ever tried to play a keyboard in a music store, mounted on the wall hanging down at a 45-degree angle, you know what I'm talkin' about); secondly, the audience can watch his fingers, which for a prog band is always desirable.
My keyboard stands were such that I gave this a try. Once you get used to the hand angle I think it'd be much more comfortable. But, not being able to see the display, or the volume knob, or any other knobs nixed it for me. Looks cool though.

That's pretty wild! Yeah I guess if you have a gazillion different units like that, you don't need to change the settings much on individual ones during the show...

A week or so ago I DVR'd the Concert High Voltage 2010 (Palladia) because I knew that Emerson, Lake and Palmer was performing.

Little did I know, that guy named Joe B was there also.

Pauly, I am starting to understand your fascination with him.......

Joe comes out with a Gold Gibson Flying Vee and nails Just Got Paid today by ZZ TOP and in the middle some Zepplin and then back to ZZ.

Very, Very Impressive :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

BTW - ELP wasn't bad!

PaulyT said:
Joe's 34 (b. 1977). His main teacher in the early days was Danny Gatton.... I don't think he's formally studied with anyone else. But these blues guys all study other artists' style and technique, and Joe's influences are a lot of the British blues players including of course Clapton.
I often hear the influence of Clapton, and Stevie Ray Vaughan, in Joe's music in the three cds I have.

heeman said:
A week or so ago I DVR'd the Concert High Voltage 2010 (Palladia) because I knew that Emerson, Lake and Palmer was performing.

Little did I know, that guy named Joe B was there also.

Pauly, I am starting to understand your fascination with him.......

Joe comes out with a Gold Gibson Flying Vee and nails Just Got Paid today by ZZ TOP and in the middle some Zepplin and then back to ZZ.

Very, Very Impressive :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:
heeman, the more you listen to Joe B the more you realize how creative and talented he is.
He can electrify an arena with only a few minutes of his guitar playing.

:handgestures-thumbup:

He's s true musician, and a pretty decent showman (two totally different things, there).

Cool. Yeah that seems to be a common show closer for him; he did the same one at the end of concert I went to last March. And always with the flying V! And the theramin. :cool:

He has a lot of great stuff,My 2 favorites on dvd is slo-gin at albert hall, and jamming at the clapton 2011 guitar featival.(going down)

Re: bonamassa

Here 'ya go. The embed/iframe stuff doesn't work on this board...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EltSWY3gvlM[/youtube]

(Joe's appearance in 2010 crossroads)

Back