• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Joe Bonamassa

Re: bonamassa

Don't we already have a thread dedicated to this guy? Do we really need another one? :scared-eek:

<<< edit by towen7.... agreed... one Bonamassa thread is enough.... threads merged >>>

Re: bonamassa

Zing said:
Don't we already have a thread dedicated to this guy? Do we really need another one? :scared-eek:
Your right,just trying to learn how to do some of this stuff. I think i may be ready to bring atari out of storage now

Interesting review on Beth & Joe's album...

:text-link:

joe-bonamassa-dont-explain-album-cover.jpg

I have my own thoughts, which I'll post eventually... but I will say I like it a lot, and no it's not just because it's got Joe on it. It's more of a Beth album than a Joe album, really.

Zing, I think you might actually like this one.

Just finished another run-though of this album. Boy, if ever anyone asks me what to listen to while sitting back and enjoying a nice glass of bourbon, this would be it.

I'm not gonna go all effusive in writing about this, because 1) nobody pays any attention to what I say in this thread anymore since you all know how I feel about Joe, and 2) that review that I linked above puts it better than I ever could.

Zing, I want you to hear this one. Seriously. PM me your mailing address and I'll loan you my copy.

'Don't Explain' is where sensational singer Beth Hart and gifted guitarist Joe Bonamassa world's collide to pay homage to some of the greatest artists and most beautiful music ever made... simply breathtaking!

(the last paragraph of the review I read of this album)

Not familiar with Beth Hart, but PaulyT's post and the review has my attention . . . .

topper said:
'Don't Explain' is where sensational singer Beth Hart and gifted guitarist Joe Bonamassa world's collide to pay homage to some of the greatest artists and most beautiful music ever made... simply breathtaking!

(the last paragraph of the review I read of this album)

Not familiar with Beth Hart, but PaulyT's post and the review has my attention . . . .

:text-+1:

I didn't know anything about her either. May have to look up more of her stuff, though! She's got a great low "soul singer" sort of voice and style. This album has stuff done by Etta James, Aretha Franklin, even a Melody Gardot Cover (Your Heart is as Black as Night)!

PaulyT said:
Zing, I want you to hear this one. Seriously. PM me your mailing address and I'll loan you my copy.
No need. But thank you though. I already own it and like it a lot.

PaulyT said:
I didn't know anything about her either. May have to look up more of her stuff, though! She's got a great low "soul singer" sort of voice and style. This album has stuff done by Etta James, Aretha Franklin, even a Melody Gardot Cover (Your Heart is as Black as Night)!
pauly,check out the beth hart song i put in the blues bin

Zing said:
PaulyT said:
No need. But thank you though. I already own it and like it a lot.

Sweet.

Alright Pauly, here is your boy with one of my favorite bands of all time. The Screamin Cheetah Wheelies.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bomaGmvY4M[/youtube]

When I found this video I was reading the comments and found out their drummer Terry
Thomas had joined the military and was serving in Afghanistan. I have met Terry and the rest of the band members on a couple of occasions. Had the opportunity to hang out an have a beer with them a couple of times and Terry seemed like an incredibly nice guy.

Wishing him a safe return and a Screamin Cheetah Wheelies reunion.

As always, Joe was amazing.

Pauly is going to hate me for this, but I just can't seem to get into this guy. There is something about him, that creeps me out. He plays well, and his voice is ok, but maybe it is his shyness that turns me off.

Yeah, I hate you.

:happy-smileygiantred:

S'okay. Yeah his off-stage persona is totally different from your average "rock star"... and honestly, he doesn't look like one either. He seems like just a regular guy. ("Insurance salesman from peoria" was someone's - Botch's? - description. :D )

Randy said:
Alright Pauly, here is your boy with one of my favorite bands of all time. The Screamin Cheetah Wheelies.

Wow cool vid, thanks Randy! 2001, that goes back a while; Joe would been let's see... 24.

Re: Joe Bonamassa young girl i her bedroom

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv-6tEGtxaQ[/youtube]

Re: Joe Bonamassa was dam good as a kid

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxZS4rMdJN0[/youtube]

A Black Country Communion concert just started on Palladia, for those of you with ComKrap...

Botch said:
A Black Country Communion concert just started on Palladia, for those of you with ComKrap...
Okay, ignore my previous post. The *&$%^!ing soundman running this "show" must've mixed their first album, and then decided the keyboards were too loud. They are essentially inaudible here. WTFF?!?!? Goddamn idiot! :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack: :angry-cussingblack:

May I recommend a well-played, and mixed, show? ThanqueVeddymutch...

Dream_Theater_Live_Budokan_dvd.jpg

Back