• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

new HSU VTF-15H

Zing said:
I always assumed he was busy nursing his wounds and his pride.
Even after 2 1/2 years later? :eek:
I guess he took it harder than we (then S&V members) thought. :confusion-seeingstars:

yromj said:
Batman said:
I've had the best that SVS has to offer and it still MAY be a better overall product than the 15H, but I don't think it's close to $1k better than this sub.

T7, here's your chance to be bold and different w/o really being very bold.

John

Bat's point is what give's me pause as it sort-of applies to the sub I'm using now (an SVS 20-39PC+) in reverse. Is a single VTF-15H better then the sub I have now? Will two of them be $900 better than one?

Towen7 said:
Bat's point is what give's me pause as it sort-of applies to the sub I'm using now (an SVS 20-39PC+) in reverse. Is a single VTF-15H better then the sub I have now? Will two of them be $900 better than one?
Oh just man up and buy a new sub already, would ya? If you want to go off the beaten path AND be the envy of most, get yourself a Gotham G213. :happy-smileygiantred:

I just didn't want to use up bandwidth in a reply if you really didn't want one.

T7, I would think this sub is a step up from the 20-39PC+; but, that's obviously a guess since I haven't heard it.

John

yromj said:
I won't declare this Hsu as a better sub until I hear it w/ music, but I think it deserves to be mentioned when asked for recommendations. T7, here's your chance to be bold and different w/o really being very bold.

John
What the ?!?!? I'm the bold one, I pulled the trigger!! If T7 pulls the trigger now, he's not bold, he's just another ankle-humping lemming!!! :laughing-rolling:

And that goes for any of you other "suckers" that decide to pull the trigger too :teasing-tease:

Zing said:
yromj said:
T7, I would think this sub is a step up from the 20-39PC+; but, that's obviously a guess since I haven't heard it.
:text-+1:
:text-+1: :text-+1:

Personally I would say that the 15H is superior to the PC13U even...

Batman said:

That's pretty high praise and frankly I'm pleasantly surprised that you'd make such a statement.

Towen7 said:
Batman said:

That's pretty high praise and frankly I'm pleasantly surprised that you'd make such a statement.

It's not that HSU has never had the chops to compete, they just never took it to the level of what class this sub is competing in. Now they have entered it's a whole new game.

-B- said:
It's not that HSU has never had the chops to compete, they just never took it to the level of what class this sub is competing in. Now they have entered it's a whole new game.

That's just it. I wouldn't have considered a $900 HSU to be in the same class as an $1800 SVS. Just sayin'.

Towen7 said:
-B- said:

That's just it. I wouldn't have considered a $900 HSU to be in the same class as an $1800 SVS. Just sayin'.

That's the same premise SVS was started under, now that they've had a taste of the good life, the tables have turned.
It's my person opinion that after Tom left the tables began to turn, which Tom openly admits that he and Ron had differing opinions with marketing strategy.

Rope

I haven't been a fan of the direction SVS has taken, especially with their subs......reducing the number, adding a digital amp and jacking up the price.

If I had the money, I'd be all over that HSU. But, I'm still trying to save for a display and blu ray player....

jamhead said:
I haven't been a fan of the direction SVS has taken, especially with their subs......reducing the number, adding a digital amp and jacking up the price...

:text-+1:

For me, it all started when they revoiced the MTS speakers. The issue to me wasn't as much in the change of the sound, as it was in the reason for changing the sound.

John

MatthewB said:
(sigh) and once again I get to envy Bats and his suck factor.

Sweet subs Bats.

[ref: "Sweet subs, Bats."

I'll second that, Matt.

I'm confident Batman will not be returning or getting rid of these two speakers any time soon.
I think he made a smart, well-timed purchase.

:handgestures-thumbup:

I'd still like to know if there is value in having two of these (or any other nin a non-stereo configuration.

Could two subs playing the same source from different locations not cause some cancelation and/or amplification of certain frequencies without EQ applied to each?

Back