• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Speakers for 2 Channel Setup

I know someone in KC selling Dynaudio Focus 220s for $1200. :eusa-whistle: And Mz, you never replied to my PM, but I will be eligible for a $300 buy-back of an Outlaw 990...

EDIT: Scratch that about the 990 - the buy-back is no longer showing up on Outlaw's AV7005 product page.

those NHT's are beautiful....wonder if they sound as beautiful. Of course those Focus 220's are sweet and well worth the budget bust. Hell I'd go with any speaker from Dynaudio period....from any price point. The Totem Arrow can be had in the $800 range, as well as Mite-T's since you are using a sub. Paradigm is another you can't go wrong with at any price point (from my experiences) though going for reference I'd elect to go with Studio's. KEF is a fine contender at the price point and I'd also search for some used Focal's. PMC, Def Tech....it's endless the choices.

But for me, if asked to recommend a "reference" quality speaker without audition I'm always confident with any Dynaudio, Totem and Focal selection and Paradigm's Studios.

But shopping is really the fun part right? Hows about those Outlaw speakers? I don't think any of us have heard them. The HSU Research speakers as well.

CMonster said:
I know someone in KC selling Dynaudio Focus 220s for $1200. :eusa-whistle: And Mz, you never replied to my PM, but I will be eligible for a $300 buy-back of an Outlaw 990...

EDIT: Scratch that about the 990 - the buy-back is no longer showing up on Outlaw's AV7005 product page.

Now that's a good deal!

Jeff,
I have a pair of B&W N803's that have been sitting in the basement since my purchase of the svs system. I also have a rotel receiver that pairs up nice with them. They will be more than what you want to spend, but I'm sure we could work a deal out, and I would rather see these go to a good home than to sit in the basement. Let me know if you are interested.

Huey said:
Jeff,
I have a pair of B&W N803's that have been sitting in the basement since my purchase of the svs system. I also have a rotel receiver that pairs up nice with them. They will be more than what you want to spend, but I'm sure we could work a deal out, and I would rather see these go to a good home than to sit in the basement. Let me know if you are interested.
Check pm.

mzpro5 said:
Huey said:
Jeff,
Check pm.

Check yours!

mzpro5 said:
Maximo said:
Zing said:
I see no mention of the word "subwoofer" or the term "2.1" so if that's the case, I would highly recommend floor standers as bookshelves may sound rather anemic without a sub. However, your budget may throw a wrench into the mix unless you'd consider used...a pair of Paradigm 60 v.3, perhaps?

You know something I don't ? I am in the market for a good pair of paradigm speakers for my bonus room. serious
Hey I said I'd be interested at the right price. :teasing-neener:

mzpro5 said:
And yes used Paradigm 60 v.3 is a real consideration if you know someone that has a pair at the right price.

at least half a dozen posted leaked in before mine posted. First come first serve my friend. But I think you need some b&w's!

I'll throw my 2 cents in.......

Paradigm Studio 20's have always been well regarded around here.

I have them and love them.

There are deals on ebay from time to time for a great pair for under $400.

Good luck!

AndySTL said:
Here are some NHTs on Cleveland craigslist. Prices are often negotiable.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/eld/3267223188.html

I would buy these in a heartbeat...if the speakers are'nt blown. I love my NHT towers...& so does the wife...she always compairs friends speakers to 'em.

But to be real..................Huey's N803's...........you better jump on those..........without any question..... :music-rockout:

Barney said:
AndySTL said:
Here are some NHTs on Cleveland craigslist. Prices are often negotiable.

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/eld/3267223188.html

I would buy these in a heartbeat...if the speakers are'nt blown. I love my NHT towers...& so does the wife...she always compairs friends speakers to 'em.

But to be real..................Huey's N803's...........you better jump on those..........without any question..... :music-rockout:
We have discussed the B&W's via PM.

Huey is offering a great deal but beyond my current budget.

Is KEF an option? We can score you a killer deal on some Q or R series speakers...I believe they're one of the best values going, even at MSRP.

Batman said:
Is KEF an option? We can score you a killer deal on some Q or R series speakers...I believe they're one of the best values going, even at MSRP.

What kind of scratch we talking about?

I know it really limits my options but $1000/pair is about my top at this time and that is pressing the limit.

Saving for that Power Sound Audio XV30 to go in the basement.

The Q100s, 300s, 500s, 700s, and R100 can all be had for under $1k. The Q100 list for $550 that I can sell for less and the R100s list for $1200 that I can also sell for less. All the others fall somewhere in between...

Thanks everyone, looks like I have a decision to make.

Still waiting to hear back on those NHT speakers that were on Craig's List.

mzpro5 said:
Thanks everyone, looks like I have a decision to make.

Still waiting to hear back on those NHT speakers that were on Craig's List.

I think the asking price was on the high side. Looks like those speakers retailed for $1k years ago. Maybe the seller is flexible.

Give some thought to those Polk A9s at Newegg. Those are great speakers and that's a huge discount. Go over to Club Polk and read about them if they interest you.

AndySTL said:
Give some thought to those Polk A9s at Newegg. Those are great speakers and that's a huge discount.
So good and so huge, they're now sold out.

Usher S-520 -- I can't say that I've actually heard them, but these are supposed to be excellent and are still in your budget with room to spare.

s-520-shielded.jpg

S-520.jpg

:text-link:

I'd love to hear those, very good price for the lineage. If I were buying sight unheard I'd go here and save a few extra bucks to add the bass stands.

Back