• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Speakers for 2 Channel Setup

Ascend :handgestures-thumbup:

If you haven't pulled the trigger yet, then my recommendation for 2 channel is to step up just a little more

Ascend SIERRA-1

mazersteven said:
Ascend :handgestures-thumbup:

If you haven't pulled the trigger yet, then my recommendation for 2 channel is to step up just a little more

Ascend SIERRA-1
whats the NrT Upgrade for 300 more?

It says gloss black PAIR in the heading... :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

jamhead said:
Batman said:
It says gloss black PAIR in the heading... :eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

See....that damn reading gets in the way...I just look at the pictures.
But it's a picture of a pair of speakers. So what's your excuse now? :teasing-neener:

mzpro5 said:
Well I decided. I am going to try Zing's suggestion of the Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 Mini-towers. I can have them for thirty days and from Zing's recommendation and some research I feel I am going to like them. Even with stands they fall comfortably in my budget and if they don't meet my particular tastes I can return them. In case you missed it:

Zing said:
$608 delivered to your door

340se_lt_ng_hr.jpg

I've heard these and they're awesome, especially for the price.

:text-link:
You should love those speakers............MTM's are very hard to beat......very hard to beat.

lulimet said:
MZ, if you don't like the Ascends and you decide to return them then I suggest you look at these Focals from accessories4less.com

$900 shipped for a pair is 50% off. http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a- ... html#!more
Just when I thought I was out they pull me back in. :happy-smileygiantred:

Taking the night to reconsider. In the meantime my bro finally picked up the dining room table and I made some adjustments.

1258dc4abdc729f7c9538e9fc7b2f4cb.jpg

AndySTL said:
mzpro5 said:
Batman said:
What about keeping your towers in your two channel room w/o a sub and tracking down a used pair of the MTS bookshelves for the basement...

I have been looking for used SVS speakers from the MTS/MBS series. Seems people that have them are not ready to sell.

Would you settle for a 7.1 SBS system with a PB12+ for $850

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/ele/3273414701.html

Just heard from this seller. Everything is gone except two of the SBS bookshelf speakers - asking $80/pair. I may take a run just to have them at that price.

I really think you should seriously consider the incredible value that those Focals represent. They could quite possibly best the SVS floor standers that they'll replace in your current temporary set-up. I guess I'm having a hard time computing that a lesser speaker than your MTS will be used for "critical" listening...I hope that I'm not being offensive if so :text-imsorry:

Batman said:
I really think you should seriously consider the incredible value that those Focals represent. They could quite possibly best the SVS floor standers that they'll replace in your current temporary set-up. I guess I'm having a hard time computing that a lesser speaker than your MTS will be used for "critical" listening...I hope that I'm not being offensive if so :text-imsorry:

No offense at all, this is the type of feedback I like.

With those SBS bookshelf speakers at $80 I would keep the MTS in the two channel setup and use the MBS for fronts downstairs and the SBS for the surrounds.

^^ now that computes!! And you'll save a bunch of $$ :handgestures-thumbup:

Batman said:
^^ now that computes!! And you'll save a bunch of $$ :handgestures-thumbup:
And at $80 once I get the HT done in the basement if I don't care for the setup I can look for something then to use in the 2 channel setup and move the MTS downstairs.gives me breathing room on the finances for a while.

Back