• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Speakers for 2 Channel Setup

I spent some time with some older Def Tech BP30's and I must say they impressed me. I sold them for $300 I think and thought they were a fantastic deal. I acquired them in a trade so I'm not sure the vintage, but Lulimet could tell you. They are one of the more sought after versions from what I understand. If I wanted a floor standing budget speaker I wouldn't hesitate to find a pair.

Those Ushers though....I'd be willing to take that chance.

mzpro5 said:
Are these a good deal? I know Klipsh but have never really heard them.

Klipsch WF-35 Icon-W Series Espresso Floorstanding Loudspeaker

Deal only good until tomorrow night.

If no one has anything positive on the above Klipsch I am seriously considering these that Zing mentioned.

Zing said:
$608 delivered to your door

340se_lt_ng_hr.jpg

I've heard these and they're awesome, especially for the price.

:text-link:

^If nothing else, you only have a few dollars to lose for what I'd consider valuable knowledge and a pretty good lesson. Order them. Listen to them in your environment. Compare them to other speakers. If you don't decide to keep them after 30 days, send them back and chalk the $20+ in return shipping as wisdom gained.

Zing said:
^If nothing else, you only have a few dollars to lose for what I'd consider valuable knowledge and a pretty good lesson. Order them. Listen to them in your environment. Compare them to other speakers. If you don't decide to keep them after 30 days, send them back and chalk the $20+ in return shipping as wisdom gained.

You talking the CMTs or the Klipsch or both? Newegg may charge a restocking fee.

Klipsch HERITAGE! One of the best deals in Used Audio, Period!!
yes.gif

There is a saying on the Klipsch forums (and elsewhere) that "It takes a lot of money to figure out you don't need to spend a lot of money to have great audio!"

I've got $1400 invested in my 1979 La Scalas with updated crossovers (including shipping) and I'll put them up against anyone else's $1400 speakers, any day of the week.

I'm not saying they are the best speakers you'll ever hear. I'm saying they are the best speaker you'll ever hear for $1400!!! :happy-smileygiantred:

BTW, a pair of new La Scala II's will run you $6000!
emotion-40.gif

Dennie

Dennie said:
Klipsch HERITAGE! One of the best deals in Used Audio, Period!!
yes.gif

There is a saying on the Klipsch forums (and elsewhere) that "It takes a lot of money to figure out you don't need to spend a lot of money to have great audio!"

I've got $1400 invested in my 1979 La Scalas with updated crossovers (including shipping) and I'll put them up against anyone else's $1400 speakers, any day of the week.

I'm not saying they are the best speakers you'll ever hear. I'm saying they are the best speaker you'll ever hear for $1400!!! :happy-smileygiantred:

BTW, a pair of new La Scala II's will run you $6000!
emotion-40.gif

Dennie
What he said...

What about keeping your towers in your two channel room w/o a sub and tracking down a used pair of the MTS bookshelves for the basement...

Batman said:
What about keeping your towers in your two channel room w/o a sub and tracking down a used pair of the MTS bookshelves for the basement...
There's no such speaker. :teasing-neener:

Batman said:

I have been looking for used SVS speakers from the MTS/MBS series. Seems people that have them are not ready to sell.

AndySTL said:
mzpro5 said:
Batman said:

I have been looking for used SVS speakers from the MTS/MBS series. Seems people that have them are not ready to sell.

Would you settle for a 7.1 SBS system with a PB12+ for $850

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/ele/3273414701.html

Thanks but no. I only need/want two speakers.

Edit: I just noticed he seller is willing to break up the set, I emailed for price on two bookshelves with stands.

ad88610fca43646d09fe6fbc158bc920_width_600x.jpg

---------------------- so many things to ponder . . . . .
0049.gif

a lot of excellent suggestions/possibilities have been posted

-B- said:
I acquired them in a trade so I'm not sure the vintage, but Lulimet could tell you.
I called Chet from Def Tech before we made the trade and gave him the serial numbers and was told they were made in 2002.

Well I decided. I am going to try Zing's suggestion of the Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 Mini-towers. I can have them for thirty days and from Zing's recommendation and some research I feel I am going to like them. Even with stands they fall comfortably in my budget and if they don't meet my particular tastes I can return them. In case you missed it:

Zing said:
$608 delivered to your door

340se_lt_ng_hr.jpg

I've heard these and they're awesome, especially for the price.

:text-link:

Excellent! Can't wait to hear what you think of them. Congrats on a decision made - that's the toughest part in this sort of deal.

Sweet! I'm stoked! And I, too, am anxious to hear what you thing about them. Specifically, I'd like to know what you think when you FIRST hear them and then what you think toward the end of your trial period.

Nice choice ---
That's a very nice size speaker for a stereo set up ------ :handgestures-thumbup:
Again, Nice Choice!

Back