• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

I watched The Mother with Catherine a couple nights ago. I thought overall it was pretty poor. I didn’t buy Lopez in the role and thought it was a terrible editing and directing job.
I got about 20 minutes in and quit. I will try again when Meghan gets back in town.

Tonight EweTube served up a David Letterman interview with Frank and Moon Zappa, that I'd never seen before.

Some interesting stories about the buildup to "Valley Girl". She's a cutie; her brother Dweezil is a good-looking lad, can't quite believe they're both Frank's kids (Ahmet, not so much, and I have no recollection of his fourth offspring). Interesting story about a bunch of Marines at one of his shows too, during the Vietnam war.

Tonight EweTube served up a David Letterman interview with Frank and Moon Zappa, that I'd never seen before.

Some interesting stories about the buildup to "Valley Girl". She's a cutie; her brother Dweezil is a good-looking lad, can't quite believe they're both Frank's kids (Ahmet, not so much, and I have no recollection of his fourth offspring). Interesting story about a bunch of Marines at one of his shows too, during the Vietnam war.
Frank was genius.
A man of so few words with so much to say.

Just curious...anybody here watch "Barry"? I have heard good things about it , but I would have to subscribe to yet another streaming service. At least for a month while I binge watch it!!! ;)

Ok so I started watching this today on a lark (I have the day off today as a fed), but I'm really enjoying it. Kinda cool to see Arnie acting again, not that he's any sort of great actor, but for the history, you know? Anyway, fun show, and doesn't take itself too seriously.

MV5BODNiNWQxMmMtMjIwNC00NDU2LTgwYzctNTI1ZDcyODBjZTNiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Ok so I started watching this today on a lark (I have the day off today as a fed), but I'm really enjoying it. Kinda cool to see Arnie acting again, not that he's any sort of great actor, but for the history, you know? Anyway, fun show, and doesn't take itself too seriously.

MV5BODNiNWQxMmMtMjIwNC00NDU2LTgwYzctNTI1ZDcyODBjZTNiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
I may start that today.

anyone watch star trek new world?

1. do i need to watch picard or discovery to enjoy the show?

2. is it worth it? i like TOS and TNG, and yes, even what others consider abysmal The Voyager series.

anyone watch star trek new world?

1. do i need to watch picard or discovery to enjoy the show?

2. is it worth it? i like TOS and TNG, and yes, even what others consider abysmal The Voyager series.
Yeah it's very good.

You might want to watch the second season of discovery before starting this.

Watching dueling opioid series Painkiller (Netflix) and Dopesick (Hulu). Same stories, different casts and vibes. Enjoying both.

interesting.

quite frankly taylor kitsch is an excellent actor that seems to be undermined. i havent seen friday night lights, so i dont know who he was in the show.

nonetheless, i liked how he performed in Savages, American assassin and of course 21 bridges. who can forget battleship with rihanna.

anyways, if he isnt invested in soon, he might miss the boat.

or end up like liam neeson, and enjoy middle age action flicks.

I've been watching a lot of talks on ewetube by Neil deGrasse Tyson lately, and they are quite entertaining. Here he is on whipped cream and the scientific method.

I saw an extremely amusing video today, which I can't share.

But, it referenced an internetz phenom "Cupcake Dog". Inquiring Minds want to know, so I started searching and learned it had originally been posted by a lady training her pooch the "Away!" command by tempting it with cupcakes. For whatever reason, the pooch adopted what combat vets call "The 1,000-yard Stare", and Let The Parodies Begin! This one was particularly well-done, entitled "War Never Changes":

Vincent D looks pretty outstanding as Kingpin can't wait to see this. Great casting decision.

Last edited:
Back