• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

Then I watched half of this one...............

Great set list and great video quality.....

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

61%2BB8-aP9%2BL.jpg

Rainy day here in Deep South Texas...............much needed rain.......

Picked this one up and other for my B-day a few weeks ago.

For Tom Petty Fans this Sound Stage performance is a must!!!

51C%2BJ4F%2BWeL.jpg

His Band is a group of really talented guys........

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUGOLUcmOhQ[/youtube]

From 2005.................

51zW%2BRBbNZL.jpg

On August 20, 2005, on what would have been his 56th birthday, a statue of Phil Lynott was unveiled in Dublin's Grafton Street by his mother. There to witness the event were members of Thin Lizzy from throughout the band's career. Later that evening they joined forces under the leadership of Gary Moore for a concert that paid tribute to Phil Lynott's memory. The core band of Moore, Jethro Tull bass player Jonathan Noyce and Thin Lizzy's one and only drummer Brian Downey were joined by the stellar guitar talents of Brian Robertson, Scott Gorham and Eric Bell for a set of Lizzy and Gary Moore classics.
TRACK LISTING:
1) Walking By Myself
2) Jailbreak
3) Don't Believe A Word
4) Emerald (with Brian Robertson)
5) Still In Love With You (with Brian Robertson)
6) Black Rose (with Scott Gorham)
7) Cowboy Song (with Scott Gorham)
8) The Boys Are Back In Town (with Scott Gorham)
9) Whiskey In The Jar (with Eric Bell)
10) Old Town / Parisienne Walkways

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97DM-xFBj48[/youtube]

^ So nice for you! You remarked, in the 'Random Thoughts' thread, that your day was not looking so great. I hope, it is a bit better now! We all must press on with what makes us feel good!!!!

Thanks, Babs. Yeah, it helped! 'Course, a bourbon (or two) wasn't too bad either.

ce7f7fe9b5b8b0351276e5aa586efca6.jpg

And this one tonight. After going through all of these again, I still think the Shepherd's Bush one is the best.

Last night with my Friend Mike from Las Vegas..........

7678.756.jpg

Attachments

• mm ht.jpg
    mm ht.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 991
I couldn't wait to double dip on this one!!

284816a-emp.jpg

:music-rockout: :bow-blue: :music-rockout: :bow-blue: :music-rockout:

s1811.jpg

Forgotten how good this was. High-def but 4:3 pic, excellent sound. Don't know if this was recorded well enough to transfer to Bluray, but I'd double-dip if it was.
The second disk in the set was DSOTM in its entirety, and I've watched it over half a dozen times; right now I'm watching the first disk, should've watched this one more too. Excellent! :music-listening:

Recently Double Dipped on this one.......... 4 out of 5 Video 5 out of 5 Audio Fantastic Concert!!

51kMm5DlqDL.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-KMOjJLrpw[/youtube]

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Watched Black Sabbath Gathered in Their Masses today on Palladia.

It was good but I was disappointed it was only in stereo.

UYAM50-DVD.JPG

Wow!
Audio Quality: 5 Stars
5.1 mix: 5 Stars
Picture Quality: 5 Stars
Videography: 5 Stars
Performance: 6 Stars (out of 5)

Humongous thanks to Heeman for alerting me to this band. This concert bluray came up on my "Recommended" list on Amazon, less than $13, so I popped for it. Best damn concert video I've seen in over a year, by far!
Both guitarists are fluent in rhythm, rock lead, tapping, Belew-esque "stunt" guitar, metal, and one is even fantastic on slide. Keyboardist is incredibly good but not flashy, as is the bass. Drummer/percussionist are ferocious!! The band only sing on about a third of the material, but they absolutely NAIL nice 3-part harmonies. Their mastery of different musical styles is impeccable, on some tunes they flip between different genres every four bars, a la Zappa.
Venue is cool too. An "intimate" theater; the band is constantly lit, as is the audience, with subtle but effective "accent" lighting. Tasty video going on in the background the whole time (never overpowers the performance). No black backgrounds, ever.

Reiterating: this is the best damn show I've seen in over a year.

Very Highly Recommended!!!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Well... with a recommendation like that - ordered!

Back