• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

Pauly..............

Try "LIVE IN TOKYO" it is not Transatlantic, however another super group!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz8QOg_BFik[/youtube]

^-- Yeah was thinking about it anyway after you earlier post. Ordered!

^ Man, I really thought that you would like the Transatlantic ...................

Live In Tokyo is much harder...........as far as a showy concert, not really, but the playing is outstanding.

I hope that you enjoy this one!

Yeah well I didn't enjoy Mumford & Sons that much the first time I listened to it either... :oops: Now they're one of my favorite bands. As I said, I greatly respect Morse and Portnoy in their other bands. Well maybe Flint will chime in with a favorite Transatlantic album, I'll give it a listen.

I love all of the Transatlantic albums, but I tend to go to SMPTE most often, though Kaleidoscope is growing on me.

heeman said:
Botch said:
Okay Keith, boughted.

Mr. Botch...............did you get yours yet?
Yes, watched it once. I wanted to watch it again once more before posting comments. It was nothing like a DT release, not what I expected, so wanted to watch it again with less-preconditioned ears.
heh, that makes no sense. :doh:

51obqY0DCmL._SY300_.jpg

It's been a couple months since I last watched this. My opinion stands, this is a DAMN great concert video, the performance, lighting, cameraword, and SOUND are all frickin' Top Notch! :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: I'd give my left nut to be this band's keyboardist!! :music-rockout:

Watched this last night:

PortnoySMSTokyoBR.jpg

Liked it a lot! Ok yeah these guys like the "speed metal" sort of style , which sometimes I think is more for show than for musicality, but damn they can all play! Though this group is more towards prog rock than straight-up metal, and instrumental (no vocals except the one encore). I was not familiar with Sheehan or Macalpine, but they're both very good. In fact, I think Sheehan's bass solo was the highlight of the concert for me.

Good PQ and excellent SQ. Good stuff.

............................I am glad that you liked this one!

:happy-smileygiantred: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :happy-smileygiantred:

PaulyT said:
Watched this last night:

PortnoySMSTokyoBR.jpg

Liked it a lot! Ok yeah these guys like the "speed metal" sort of style , which sometimes I think is more for show than for musicality, but damn they can all play! Though this group is more towards prog rock than straight-up metal, and instrumental (no vocals except the one encore). I was not familiar with Sheehan or Macalpine, but they're both very good. In fact, I think Sheehan's bass solo was the highlight of the concert for me.

Tony McAlpine is a beast. So is Billy Sheehan for that matter. I also like Sheehan's other project with Portnoy The Winery Dogs.

lulimet said:
Randy said:
Nice, I will have to checkout the Metallica blu ray
You can watch that Metallica movie on Netflix. Really good sound and picture.

Thank you lulimet ! I needed a break from House of Cards. Outstanding !

PaulyT said:
Watched this last night:

PortnoySMSTokyoBR.jpg

$3.99 at Best Buy and others...................

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/portnoy...u-ray-disc/1680154.p?id=2727359&skuId=1680154

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

This was a good show. The PQ was not great. The AQ was pretty good. The musicianship.......OUTSTANDING!!!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Damn this was excellent!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Attachments

• dt.jpg
    dt.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 994
Back