• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

john_gorka_bd_213.jpg

Nice folk set, good Sunday morning music (now that my Oppo appears to be working, for now...).

Watched most of this last night, these guys have been together for over 30 years now and for getting up into their 50s, they're still entertaining. They've been my favorite band since ~89 when the Violator album was huge...

d3b4b35e652bdd2fee5b40de97ed5a35.jpg

images

Figgered I'd break in the new Oppo right! :music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

I had forgotten how good BMG were, in their showmanship, musicality, instrumental design, and composition. Great demo disk! :text-bravo:

Botch said:
Oppo universal disc players came with an "AIX Records" sampler ...
they record direct-to-disk, 24/96 to DVD-A or Bluray Audio, mixing live, no overdubs, autotune, compression or artificial reverb. They use killer musicians, beautiful reverberant recording spaces, some very expensive mics, and video-record the sessions with damn good camera angles/panning for such a small operation. This is the real thing, there are subtle flubs among the musicians and too-hot/too-low entrances of soloists (its mixed live).
Correction, that's not true. They record live, individual tracks, but the final mix is "mixed" later, to include a "central" listening position and an "audience" position (back away from the band).

Watched Part 2 of this one last night; they perform ALL of Moving Pictures Album......

Rush+time+machine.jpg

quick question:

gave my boss my old old blu-ray player, and he hasnt played anything yet.

Hes a HUGE Rush fan, which concert would fit him? i dont know which one would 'stand out' based on CONTENT, not necessarily just tech specs.

he lent me the one with the dragon, i loved it.

jomari said:
quick question:

Hes a HUGE Rush fan, which concert would fit him? i dont know which one would 'stand out' based on CONTENT, not necessarily just tech specs.

I would recommend this one, Time Machine on Blu Ray.

Here is the set list:

Set list

Intro Video (The 'Real' History of Rush Episode No. 2 "Don't Be Rash")
"The Spirit of Radio"
"Time Stand Still"
"Presto"
"Stick It Out"
"Workin' Them Angels"
"Leave That Thing Alone"
"Faithless"
"BU2B (Brought Up To Believe)" (from Clockwork Angels)
"Freewill"
"Marathon"
"Subdivisions"

Intermission

Second Set Intro Video (The 'Real' History of Rush Episode No. 17 "...and Rock and Roll is my name.")

"Tom Sawyer"
"Red Barchetta"
"YYZ"
"Limelight"
"The Camera Eye"
"Witch Hunt"
"Vital Signs"
"Caravan" (from Clockwork Angels)
"Moto Perpetuo/Love For Sale" (Drum Solo)
"O'Malley's Break"/"Closer To The Heart" (with alternative outro)
"2112"
I: Overture
II: The Temples of Syrinx
"Far Cry"

Encore:

"La Villa Strangiato" (with polka intro)
"Working Man" (with reggae intro)
"Cygnus X-1: Book I" teaser (second leg only)

51FSDMoOGsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This is good, not great.

In depth documentary about the band, however most parts seem very scripted to me, could have just been my interpretation.

If you are a fan of the Doobie Brothers, it is a must get.

heeman said:
jomari said:
quick question:

Thanks heeman! PQ/AQ tho, good to 'showcase' blu-ray capabilities? was this ever out on dvd tho? i dont know if he'd have this back then tho...

jomari said:
heeman said:
jomari said:
quick question:

Thanks heeman! PQ/AQ tho, good to 'showcase' blu-ray capabilities? was this ever out on dvd tho? i dont know if he'd have this back then tho...

PQ - Great during current interviews and current footage.........

AQ - Same as above.....

Not a show piece for bragging about the system.

Just a decent doc on one of the best bands of all time! Some history, that you may not be aware of.......no spoilers here, spend the $20 if you are a fan!

Unbelievable that this was hiding in a box somewhere all these years. Very happy it was finally released.

Attachments

• Muddy Waters.jpg
    Muddy Waters.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,563
Different interpretation of his and others' songs. Stellar audio and video.

Attachments

• New Blood.jpg
    New Blood.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 1,557
Excellent! I've been thinking of getting that Peter Gabriel one...

41RNGxas7lL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This just came on on Palladia. I'm definitely getting the bluray; I've only seen the first tune but its great, and Sade (who I think is older than me) looks stunning! :banana-dance:

Back