• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Concert Video are you listening to?

The Cowboy Junkies are a very talented group. This rare title is a motherload of covers and CJ originals. It begins with Sweet Jane and Ends with Helpless and Isn't it a pity. 5.1 Surround

61KDDADF5CL.jpg

Includes 1 CD & 1 DVD. Over 4 hours of music, interviews & exclusive behind-the-scenes footage.

CD Program:
32-20 Blues, 'Cause Cheap Is How I Feel, Pale Sun, He Will Call You Baby, A Horse In The Country, The Slide, I Don't Get It, Good Friday, Helpless, Misguided Angel, Sweet Jane

DVD Program:
Sweet Jane, 'Cause Cheap Is How I Feel, 200 More Miles, Why This One, Pale Sun, He Will Call You Baby, Sun Comes Up It's Tuesday Morning, 32-20 Blues, Black Eyed Man, 1000 Year Prayer, A Horse In The Country, Notes Falling Slow, The Slide, I Don't Get It, Good Friday, Helpless, Isn't It A Pity, Misguided Angel

DVD Bonus Features:
Interviews with:
Mike Timmins and Margo Timmins
Jaro Czerwinec and Jeff Bird
Alan Anton and Peter Timmins
Soundcheck and behind-the-scenes footage
DVD audio options: Stereo and 5.1 Surround Sound

Format: NTSC
Running Time: Approx. 182 minute

Bob R said:
BTW: I love Margo Timmins.

:romance-lovebluered: :romance-inlove: :romance-heartstiny:
Too late! I called dibs a couple of decades ago! :)

Bob R,

I had never heard of this one of theirs before. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. I'll need to track down a copy.

Jeff

Bob R said:
Jeff:

Check out youtube for a taste.

Amazon is sold out right now.
There's some available from resellers on both Amazon.com and .ca right now. Might snap one up tomorrow.

Jeff

ps. If you are a fan then you probably already have "Trinity Revisited." For those who don't, it is an incredible live recording. The package includes both CD and DVD. The video is actually a film of the session by the Lamoureux brothers. There's also some great guest performers including Natalie Merchant. I keep looking but I've not yet seen a Blu-ray release for this one. Given it was shot in HD I'm hoping it eventually will be...

Echoes_Pink_Floyd_Pink_Floyd_Live_at_Pompeii.jpg

Kind of a combo of staged music concert and documentary. Very interesting material, at least to die-hard fans (like me).

Pauly, do you have Pulse?
Pompeii didn't do it for me, but I love Pulse.

^ Pulse is fantastic - even on DVD - but why it hasn't been transferred to Blu-ray I do not know.

Yeah I have Pulse, haven't actually watched it yet... :oops:

Zing said:
^ Pulse is fantastic - even on DVD - but why it hasn't been transferred to Blu-ray I do not know.
This concert was long desired just to come out on DVD, I think it took them over a decade (VHS copies were selling for hundreds of dollars until it did). I don't know if it was filmed at a high enough resolution to make a Bluray transfer worth it.
Heh, this is the same argument that Dr. AIX has about audio: a 24/96 transfer of an album recorded on analog tape, 40 years ago, buys us nothing. :mrgreen:

PaulyT said:
Yeah I have Pulse, haven't actually watched it yet... :oops:
:scared-eek: :angry-tappingfoot: :angry-cussingblack:
Don't make me come over there! Put away that damn $85 scotch crap and watch it!!

Kids!!! :angry-banghead:

518BFGA7KCL.jpg

I had to pull this out and watch disk II (DSOTM front-to-back).
And again, dayam.

:bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue: :bow-blue:

First time for this one.............

These guys are really playing great these days (well even though this is from 2011) and the addition of the orchestra fits in quite well.

Rock On Deep Purple!!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

30626_large.jpg

heeman said:
First time for this one.............

These guys are really playing great these days (well even though this is from 2011) and the addition of the orchestra fits in quite well.

Rock On Deep Purple!!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout:

30626_large.jpg
Got this bluray yesterday. .....This line-up is outstanding ! Thanks thanks thanks thanks heeman. They are a little different than the band I knew back in the early 70's and just as good, maybe better.
I just read that Lord's (RIP) wife is the twin sister of Paice's (drummer) wife.

heeman said:
Watched Part 1 of this last night, very moving...............

Jon was one of my favorite keyboard players. We covered a bunch of Deep Purple tunes back in the day.

71KGVKN3w%2BL._SL1000_.jpg
Putting this on my wish list, thanks again heeman.
By the way, while I was reading up on Deep Purple & the swinging doors with band members........thats a music history lesson.......even an old band I loved becaue of unheard of, Joe Walsh, James Gang, had musicians that played in or friends off someone in Deep Purple. That list of people and bands.......a Who's Who
If the board doesn't vote to put Deep Purple in the Hall of Fame (I think this will be the 3rd time)....no one should be there.

Way back when throught the 70's................Deep Purple was the IT band for me and my friends that were in a Rock Band. Back then Ritchie Blackmore was in and out but Roger Glover, Ian Paice, Ian Gillian and Jon Lord was our favorite line-up (Mark II, I believe). The current line up with Don Airey replacing Lord (before he was sick) has done a fantastic job. Steve Morse, the Dixie Dreggs and currently Flying Colors has really done a great job with his fast double picking technique, not Ritchie, but an awesome player.

They have 2 new Blu Ray's out right now and they are on my list..........

I would like to hear what you son thinks of the left handed drumming of Ian Paice. Have him listen to the drum solo in the song "The Mule" from Made In Japan Album, it is killer.

Better Yet, I found the video...................I need to watch this, I have never seen it!

:music-rockout: :music-rockout: :music-rockout:

Ian Paice was born in 1948 so he was 24 (Made In Japan) and 64 in the bottom video!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSrTrKFpAYE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D2csqXeOxA[/youtube]

510-uN%2BvNAL.jpg

Jeff Beck - Live at Ronnie Scott's
Love this bluray.
Vinne Colaiuta on drums is out of this world
Jason Rebello on keyboards, effortless & young
Tal Wilkenfeld on bass, this young girl can play the bass

Jeff had some guests: Joss Stone (only 1 song), Imogen Heap (this lady I need to find some stuff of her's, she is fun to listen too & man she can sing), and Eric Clapton on a couple songs (Eric & Jeff together.....BEAUTIFUL MUSIC)
Going to check out the extras later (Big Town Playboys) interviews etc.

Back