• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

I had some down time late Friday evening and decided to watch this, doesn’t surprise me that I enjoyed it so much, I read a lot prior to about the story behind the movie, some inconsistencies, but a great life lesson in regards to the challenges some people are given.

wonder-dvd-cover-large.jpg

What a great ending! ;)

Mulholland Drive. For some reason, I'd never seen it. Wow. Kind of a mindfuck. Liked it. My wife would have HATED it.

Watched Extinction on Netflix yesterday. It was a pretty good movie with a twist I did not see coming. I don't want to give anything away, but there were a few things that surprised me in the beginning, like they almost seemed out of place, but it made complete sense once the big reveal happens. If you're into Sci-Fi movies, this is a good one for sure.

Watched Extinction on Netflix yesterday. It was a pretty good movie with a twist I did not see coming. I don't want to give anything away, but there were a few things that surprised me in the beginning, like they almost seemed out of place, but it made complete sense once the big reveal happens. If you're into Sci-Fi movies, this is a good one for sure.

was it good good?

was it good good?
The more I think about this movie, the more I like it. It's really good and makes you think about life. It's really worthy of a watch.

BTW, the CGI is pretty good in this, except for a really poor exterior shot of a train at the end of the movie.

I've got about 6 or 8 movies in the dvr, all from HBO or such free weekends, with some of them being on there well over a year. Yesterday I decided to watch Straight Outta Compton and enjoyed it very much. I never was really into hip hop, but watching it makes me wanna learn more about some the characters. Good movie, just lots and lots of swearing and some nudity and violence.

2nd movie was the Mechanic: Resurrection. I went into it with pretty low expectations, and came out the same way. Wasn't a horrible movie, and you do get to see Jessica Alba in a swimsuit. What was strange to see, was Tommy Lee Jones in it, although he isn't in for long, but he does play a prominent spot in movie. If you miss this one, you're not missing out on much. There were some very pretty shots of Australia, although the very first fight seem which is supposed to be outside, comes off as being on a sound stage.

My girls saw this with me and they can go to the second one in the theater for my middle daughter's birthday.268x0w.png

We had the grandson this weekend, so Saturday night we watched The Incredibles 2 on 4K that I just picked up. We had seen it in the theater, but it was fun watching it again with the grandson. For those that get it, watch the short "Aunty Edna". I'm not sure why it wasn't part of the film, as parts of it are already in the film, but it's really cute.

Then yesterday we took him and my son to see the new Grinch film. That was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed it. Wasn't sure how I was going to like Bendict Cumberbun as the voice, but he did a good job, and both the wife and I remarked that we liked this one better than the Jim Carey one.

I may have missed it elsewhere and I know this thread is primarily for stuff we watched in our HT's, but went to see Bohemian Rhapsody Friday night and DAYUMMM!!!!!

That movie was excellent. One of the better films Ive seen in a long time.

I'll probably wait for it to come out on video, but looking forward to seeing Bohemian Rhapsody as well. It looks good.

I thought the movie was alright but I'd rather just watch the original Live Aid performance. Speaking of which...

Three movies in one day~

For us, A Thanksgiving classic...

planes-trains-and-automobiles-movie-poster.png

deepwater-horizon-blu-ray-cowboy67-1702-02-cowboy67@1.jpg

Another classic for us...

8615353-1341231363-582992.png

And~the green line is gone!

I mentioned in another thread that I picked up 5 or 6 4K movies on Black Friday, and the two I was most excited to get, Wonder Woman and Spiderman:Homecoming I had the chance to watch over the weekend. I've seen both of the movies, but out of the two, Spiderman looked fantastic, almost reference quality in regards to the video. Wonderwoman on the other hand, and it's a complaint I've had about a couple of 4K movies, but it almost looked really grainy in spots or like the sharpness has been turned up to the max but without the ringing.

Back