• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

MatthewB said:
Oops your right Timothy Olyphant, I always get him and Josh mixed up. My bad.

The way I keep them straight, is one is married to Fergie and the other can recognize true talent! :music-listening:

51xzsjpYaWL.jpg

Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the Asian thread.

Watched on NF streaming - great PQ and great 5.1 sound.

And the action scenes are stupendous.

Warning for those that don't care for subtitles - this has them.

nice!

altho a number of people know at this point, i hate donnie yen. his redeeming point was the ip man series, relatively like how tom cruise is obnoxious as tom cruise in most his movies, except collateral.

im going to put that on my list.

recently watched tears of the sun,

41JR6JBYTFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

a love story set in the backdrop of the jungles of africa.

Tears of the Sun is fantastic for surround sound duty. Great movie to boot especially when the team goes in to stop the genocide at that one camp.

i have to rewatch that again.

sorry, all i saw was the doctors mountains when she ran from the chopper.

thank god for netflix. :angelic-green:

215px-Insidious_poster.jpg

Saw this last night, have to say the movie was not the greatest story and the ending truly sucked, but the drama was so intense and hardly any scary movie makes me jump, this one not only made me jump but actually gave me goosebumps while watching it. Definately not one for the kiddies. Worth a rental.

MatthewB said:

Saw this last night, have to say the movie was not the greatest story and the ending truly sucked, but the drama was so intense and hardly any scary movie makes me jump, this one not only made me jump but actually gave me goosebumps while watching it. Definately not one for the kiddies. Worth a rental.

From the title alone, it sounds like a Darth Vader/Emperor love story! :eek:bscene-buttred:

MatthewB said:

Watched tonight with Jo, she had a couple moments where she screamed and jumped, scaring me more than the movie did...agree about the ending, very poorly executed pay-off for sitting through the whole thing...they were onto something too, what a shame...

watched this yesterday,

detail.jpg

altho im not such a fan of the cap, im very, very, very much pleased with the movie. absolutely delighted that
1. they stayed true (about 98%) of it, to the story
2. respect for the fans.

its a great movie, i preferred not to see it in 3d, i pretty much loved the movie.

definitely long, 2 plus hours.

oh, DO stick around after the credits.

also saw the trailer for
contagion - on my list.
mission impossible - hmm. maybe.
cowboys and aliens
tin tin

anyways, love the movie.

CiscoKid said:
friendswithbenefitsy.jpg

What a bad movie. It was genuinely awful. One of the most shallow movies I've ever seen rivaling Love and Other Drugs.

Yeah but it does have Mila Kunis - what a honey.

Mt GF was pleading with me this weekend to see FWB with Kunis, but from the commercial I saw, it looked so bad that luckily I talked her into staying home and watching a movie on Netflix. Thanks for the review, I'll be sure to have plans when my GF wants to rent this one. Me and her have this agreement that if she watches one of my action movies I have to watch a chick flick, luckily the stipulation is I don't have to stay awake, so after the "Georgia Rules" movie with Lohan started I was asleep before the beginning credits started to roll. She was pissed smacking me after the movie about how insenitive I am for snoring through the movie. :eusa-whistle: I told her hey the agreement is I would be with you for the movie that I wouldn't be awake. Crap the movie she likes are just God awful "Lifetime" for chicks type films.

When I bought her the "Sex and the City" DVD box set the stipulation on the card was that at no time, was I to ever be asked, forced, manipulated or dragged to see one second of this series, otherwise I would take it back.

She says, "I watch your stupid action movies and I don't sleep" I say, "Honey, at the levels I watch em at, I would be very surprised if the neighbors down the block could sleep." :happy-smileygiantred:

The-Lincoln-Lawyer-Blu-ray.jpg

Enjoyable crime drama/thriller. The "whodunnit" was figured out fairly early on so it was pretty much a game of "cat and mouse." If you, or your wife :? , like Matthew McConaughey, you're sure to like this...

True%2BGrit%2B%2BMovie%2BPoster.jpg

Just finished this one. Pretty good... the ending was kind of unsatisfying, IMHO. Though what bugged me most was the language - sort of a weird mix of victorian style speech with "tough cowboy" grunting, seemed pretty forced most of the time. Oh well, still not a bad flick, and I notice a lot of it was filmed near Santa Fe and Los Alamos. They were supposedly in Arkansas, but then suddenly I recognized Black Mesa. :roll:

PaulyT said:
the ending was kind of unsatisfying, IMHO.
I've seen both 1969 version and 2010 version. They have different endings but 2010 version is more accurate to the book as I've heard.

Watched 13 Assassins last night, loved it! Even the wife enjoyed it. There was more depth to it than I expected. Granted I'm not terribly knowledgeable about the whole Samurai/Shogun culture, so I'm sure there's subtleties that I missed, but still I thought it was a very well done movie. And yeah it was violent, but overall the violence wasn't as graphic/brutal as I was expecting based on earlier comments.

And assassin #13 was hilarious, though I'd still like to know how he survived a sword to the jugular! :think:

conan_the_destroyer.jpg

Conan the Barbarian had a sort of campy appeal to it and at least a little plot. But the Destroyer is just plain bad. I know I've seen it before but couldn't remember much at all about it - now I understand why, basically a complete lack of plot or acting skills.

Back