• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Saldog's Basement Build Thread

I had similar light fixures at the old house. They worked really well and allow you to put light right where you want it. It can be adramatic effect. Just be aware that those little lights put out a lot of heat too.

Putting down subfloor (Dricore) is no fun. My forearms hurt. I think i'll go down and take some pictures and try to upload them tomorrow.

Dricore subflooring is done

CAM00087.jpg

CAM00088.jpg

CAM00089.jpg

CAM00090.jpg

CAM00092.jpg

CAM00093.jpg

We have guys mudding/taping currently. They should be done tomorrow. I will take more pictures on Sunday. After that, we prime and paint, then start laying out the hardwood laminate (going in the back rooms and the "poker" area). The actual "theater" area will get carpet.

I've said it a hundred times, but I'll say it again.

You guys with basements suck. I would totally go for the HT/Pub/ adult party area if I had one.

Thanks guys. It is a big room, about 17'6" by 31'9" total. Plus then a couple rooms at the back. It's about 880 sq ft of total new living space. The half/pony wall is about 17'6" back from the screen wall.

We're busy priming today. That phase should last a couple weeks I'd guess, then on to paint, and then we can work on flooring.

Saldog that is awesome.

I have a basement and I have a 25x25 family room in the basement but it is no way conducive to a dedicated HT space.

Some pics of walls ready for primer. Hopefully these pics works. I find G+ really frustrating to link pics from.

Bottom of stairs
CAM00095.jpg

Left side of theater
CAM00097.jpg

Screen wall
CAM00096.jpg

Pony wall / left wall of theater
CAM00098.jpg

Priming is done!!

Stairwell:
20140413_163242.jpg

Theater area / screen wall:
20140413_163314.jpg

Left side theater wall:
20140413_163326.jpg

Equipment closet under stairs:
20140413_163343.jpg

20140413_163423.jpg

Pony wall / bar in back of riser:
20140413_163436.jpg

Craft room:
20140413_163503.jpg

Ooh I feel a day trip in my future!! :happy-smileygiantred:

If you want to help install a click-together laminate hard wood floating floor, you're welcome any time :p Seriously though, it'd be great to have you and Jo and the kids come visit sometime.

We're hoping to have painting done in 2 weeks, then i'll do the hardwood flooring (hopefully 2 - 3 weeks), then we can have carpet installed in the theater area. After that it's mainly hanging doors and doing trim.

Right now we're thinking butcher block for the bar countertop.

My fancy projector install:
20140417_200837.jpg

I know i won't get any work done if i mount it, so it's going back in the box this weekend until all construction is done. I decided i would get a cheap projector to play with for a year or two and then invest in a good one. This is an Acer H6510BD, that had gone on sale at Newegg. $600 OTD shipped to my door. Not too bad for a 1080p, 3D, 3000 lumen projector. Image looks acceptable, even just projected on a primed wall. This'll do for video, and i'll focus on the audio purchases (i'll need subs, speakers, and acoustical panels). Not to mention a new BD player.

Hopefully people are still reading and interested. We had my daughter's 8th bday party this weekend, so we didn't make a ton of progress last week, but i got some of the laminate hardwood down in one of the back rooms. For less than $1/sf at Lumber Liquidators, i think we got a deal.

20140427_144146.jpg

20140427_144128.jpg

20140427_144116.jpg

Very nice!! I'm on the verge of looking at something similar for our master bedroom and would love to score a deal like that!

Back