• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

I am on Level 4. I went to Novigrad and had my ass handed to me. So I have gone back to White Orchard for more practice and attempt to level up a few more times.

I accidentally took on a quest that was suggested Level 33! Yeah, it didn't go so well for me.

I skipped the last couple generations of consoles before the PS4 so I never played Skyrim. That being said, I have read many people who loved Skyrim and many of them say that this game is far superior.

There's a lot of similarity between this and Skyrim; Witcher 3, compared to 1 and 2, is much more of an "open world" design with a gazillion side quests that you can choose from, lots of territory to explore, which I'm guessing is a direct influence of Skyrim as it's very much the same audience. However, IMHO the story line in Witcher is far better than Skyrim and the other elder scrolls series - which I loved, don't get me wrong, but the strength of Witcher is its plot and characters and interactions with various NPCs. So yes, if you like Elder Scrolls, you'll like this one.

I'm on level 9 now, still trying to finish up the Bloody Baron quest(s), but there's lots of branches to it.

And trying to figure out how to play Gwent. I think I'm making progress...

Thanks! Might have to check this one out. I have a few trade-ins I don't play anymore.

Or I can try and finally finish Dragon Age...

AndySTL said:
I am on Level 4. I went to Novigrad and had my ass handed to me. So I have gone back to White Orchard for more practice and attempt to level up a few more times.

I accidentally took on a quest that was suggested Level 33! Yeah, it didn't go so well for me.

too bad we don't have spoiler er... thingies,

I got my ass handed THREE times.

I don't know how to hide it, should I post who I encountered? it wont ruin the story...

anyways, in comparison to skyrim, this definitely is much more graphically amazing. like silicon dude, super amazing detail, I didn't know I can have hair like I have as geralt.

there are a lot of similarities, but I like the skill tree of skyrim a little more than this one.

storyline hands down tho, I prefer witcher. altho after a few viewings of the story and getting a layout of the land, its easier and much more er, complex in the same way. I sorta know people now, and differentiate it from places. :happy-smileygiantred:

in skyrim I played until 4am.

im hitting 2am on this one.

and im on level 4.

goaliechris said:

Ha! I tried Dragon Age Origins - twice - and got stuck at the same damn point both times where I wasn't strong enough to make it through this one quest... ugh. I consider myself a relatively experienced RPG gamer and that frustrated and humbled me. I may try the new Dragon Age Inquisition eventually.

PaulyT said:
goaliechris said:

Ha! I tried Dragon Age Origins - twice - and got stuck at the same damn point both times where I wasn't strong enough to make it through this one quest... ugh. I consider myself a relatively experienced RPG gamer and that frustrated and humbled me. I may try the new Dragon Age Inquisition eventually.

I also tried dragon age (I don't remember which one), but its difficult to handle one person, what more babysit three others. I didn't quite feel as er... engaged with the game since I wasn't necessarily in control. but then again,i only played it for a day then sold it...

Have you guys figured out a way to see how many hours you have logged in the game? I have not gotten to spend too much time on it the last couple days, but I think I will have a few hours tonight. Curious to see how much time I've logged.

AndySTL said:
Have you guys figured out a way to see how many hours you have logged in the game? I have not gotten to spend too much time on it the last couple days, but I think I will have a few hours tonight. Curious to see how much time I've logged.
IF im not mistaken, when you are on the character build, go to R2 and hold, this should show the character detail.

i got my arse handed again, being level 5 is not cool.

can i share 'who' handed them to me?

spoiler alert i guess.

big big spider in a contract,
big big rocky guy,
buncha ghouls and a necro in a battlefield.

quest failed.

lesson here?

Dont take on contracts yet until you are leveled up a bit. its satisfying to beat level 9 beast, but much more difficult to beat level 16 humans in nilifgard.(?)

Yeah there are SO many quests available, it makes sense to do them basically in order of recommended level. Sure you're bound to run into something you can't handle once in a while, especially if you're just freely roaming around the countryside.

I think that character stats panel may be time that has passed in the chronology of the game, rather than real time - e.g. if you meditate for an hour does that time shown go up by an hour? On the PC, the launching application shows real time elapsed, dunno if/how that's available on the consoles.

Nevermind, you're right, that character stats panel does seem to show actual real time played, not game time that's passed. Cool.

this is a bad sign.

I dreamt that I was in 47 ronin, but also sporting Witcher gear. funny, last time this happened was in Fallout 3.

Spent over 800 hours in that world.

:laughing: Nice. Yeah I've had some sorta witcher-themed dreams this past week too.

Just finished the Bloody Baron, search for Ciri in Velen, series of quests (on to Novigrad next; I'm level 13 now). The ending to this was ... poignant. I think this is one of those games where at least some of the plot developments depend on the choices you make along the way. But I wasn't expecting the particular sub-plot ending. I find myself deeply involved in this storyline, which is good! As far as the game goes.

Not so good for my sleep schedule! :D Lots of late nights this past week, more than I'm used to... it's an addicting game.

Wow 800 hours! I thought I was bad... ~300 hours in Skyrim, though I might come close to the 800 hour mark over the past ~5 years if you add up all the Borderlands 1, 2, 1.5 (pre-sequel) games.

PaulyT said:
Wow 800 hours! I thought I was bad... ~300 hours in Skyrim, though I might come close to the 800 hour mark over the past ~5 years if you add up all the Borderlands 1, 2, 1.5 (pre-sequel) games.

Yup, Fallout 3 was a big big part of my gaming experience and learning to LOOOOOOVE VATS (the best component IMO in an RPG for me)...

Skyrim was good, but not Fallout 3 good. Fallout NV was a bit overwhelming, where I ended up overthinking which faction I wanted to join. at least FO3 gives you morality based effects, not making or forcing you to choose sides.

im still level 5, not even close to finding Hendrik. side quest have to be put aside for now, I have to level up more to enjoy the game.

jomari said:
PaulyT said:

Yup, Fallout 3 was a big big part of my gaming experience and learning to LOOOOOOVE VATS (the best component IMO in an RPG for me)...

Skyrim was good, but not Fallout 3 good. Fallout NV was a bit overwhelming, where I ended up overthinking which faction I wanted to join. at least FO3 gives you morality based effects, not making or forcing you to choose sides.

im still level 5, not even close to finding Hendrik. side quest have to be put aside for now, I have to level up more to enjoy the game.

I'm checking in on Level 5 too. I am doing the Wandering Through the Dark mission (I think main quest). I am at the end trying to kill this Wild Hunt SOB. Any tips?

^--- Just kite a lot (hit and run), and be sure to avoid him when he kneels to open those portals, 'cause if you hit him then it'll just rebound on you, from what I could tell.

What skills are you guys developing?

Back